Thursday 14 July 2011

Tennis and 10k's

So much has happened over the last few weeks I’ve barely had time to think. But then that’s why I love the summer months – there’s always something good going on! 

Two of those weeks were purely taken up by Wimbledon. I disown a lot of my friends and family for these two weeks because I enjoy it more that Christmas. During this magical fortnight I don’t care how your day went or what you said to the man who sneezed on you on the tube, all I want to know is who won which tie breaks, how many break points our latest junior has notched up, and what Boris and McEnroe think about the 4th game of the 2nd set. I know it’s completely selfish but that’s just how I roll during the Championships.

Needless to say, I visited on my usual two days (the first Wednesday and the middle Saturday) and this year those days couldn’t have been more different! Wednesday (which I actually had Court 3 tickets for!) was a mess of rain delays, shivering and drooling over Andy Roddick, whereas Saturday was all about queuing, donning my RF hat and getting a tension headache from the most incredible match I have ever witnessed on Centre Court (Djokovic v Baghdatis).  I could bore you with endless stories but I’ll save you the eye strain. Instead, here’s a few pics from my adventures…












The Greatest Arena In The World & My Happy Place

Another thing that has been taking up all my time has been my training for the British 10k – which I ran and completed in 1hr 7mins. Huzzah! Not a brilliant time (I plan on cutting it down to at least under an hour), but I’m still proud of it considering it was a muggy day and I was running with 24,999 people! 

I say ‘proud’ but really I achieved nothing compared to the 70 year old woman who completed the race, and the guys fundraising for Help for Heroes who ran the entire 10k with 30kg packs on their backs. RESPECT!

Nevertheless, so far I’ve raised £110 for the RNLI and BHF, which is still a way to go ‘til I hit my £200 target but there’s still time! You can read about the charities and sponsor me by clicking here. DO IT!

Team Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment