Tuesday 12 July 2011

Agassi

I’ve got three blog entries on the go at the moment. Two of them were intended to be posted last week, but I’ve had so much going on that I haven’t had time to finish and proof them. I had in fact intended upon doing so this evening, however moments after returning home I stumbled across a tweet from the ATP that stopped me in my tracks.

The tweet posted a transcript from yesterday’s induction speech from Andre Agassi into the Tennis Hall of Fame. Of course I bypassed it and headed straight to YouTube. Half an hour later and here I am, completely discarding my half-written posts and writing this instead. Because this is a speech by a man I believe we can learn a hell of a lot from.

The girl introducing Agassi was a bit much to take, so if you’re less tolerant than me I would suggest forwarding to the 10 minute mark. From then on all you have to do is listen, contemplate and try not to worry too much about whether he’s used a high enough factor sun cream on his head or not.  I'd recommend watching the video, but if you’d prefer, you can read the transcript by clicking here.

Enjoy…



You can read the personal tributes he talks about by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment